I recently had coffee with an entrepreneur whose first company did not succeed. He was a bit down in the dumps...understandably. My advice to him was as follows:
- Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on. And do it relatively quickly.
- Decide what you're going to do.
- If you need a job, determine that fact and start looking. If you want to try another startup, you're probalby more likely to succeed. Step up and start taking the steps to building a company.
- Navel gazing does not move you forward.
- Depression does not move you forwad.
- Be sure to exercise regularly .
- Get a consulting gig : it buys you time, pays you and gives you current market knowledge (of some market).